Human Nutrition Lab
Process At A Glance
- Meet with the Prevention Center Administrative Manager.
- Complete Prevention Center application to establish a client account.
- Schedule study participants for services.
- Supply participants with info on how to get to the Prevention Center.
Contact: Kara Breymeyer, M.P.H., R.D.
Location: Arnold Building, ME-B143
Contact phone: (206) 667-7156
Contact fax: (206) 667-1254
Contact e-mail: email@example.com
The nutrition lab provides the following services:
- Controlled Feeding Studies: includes menu planning, recipe development, study diet calculations, food preparation, monitoring of all aspects of food service for feeding studies. Participants can eat at the center and/or take meals home.
- Behavioral Interventions: includes menu planning, recipe development and facilities in which to do food preparation and cooking demonstrations.
- Community Based Interventions: includes menu planning, recipe development and preparation of food samples that are served off-site.
Each research study is unique and will require a unique set of services and plans. The Prevention Center staff is available to answer questions and provide support in the development of new protocols and their service requirements.
- 4 food prep areas
- 6 microwaves
- Blast chiller
- Convection oven
- 6 burner gas range
- Metler metric scales
Feeding Study Facility
- Dining room seats 36
- Serving area
- Reach through refrigerator
- Steam table
- Walk in freezer
- Walk in refrigerator
- Temperature track system
- Dry storage
- Television and internet access for participants' use
- ProNutra software: metabolic diet study management system
See details on using the Nutrition facility.
For any services, a Prevention Center application must be submitted. Clients who plan to use the Prevention Center should include in their consent forms appropriate risk statements based on intervention activities. Consult the Model Risk Statement document to identify statements relevant to your study protocol and participant activities.
Please meet with the Prevention Center Administrative Manager prior to completion of the application.