Exercise Research Center
Process At A Glance
- Meet with the Prevention Center Administrative Manager.
- Complete Prevention Center application to establish a client account.
- Schedule study participants for services.
- Supply participants with info on how to get to the Prevention Center.
Contact: Matt Van Doren, B.S., B.A.
Location: Arnold Building, ME-B143
Contact phone: (206) 667-7915
Contact fax: (206) 667-1254
Contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Detailed descriptions of all services are in the Shared Resources Prevention Clinic Manual, which is available upon request.
- Exercise Testing Screening (VO2max): a graded exercise test on a treadmill to measure maximal aerobic capacity. Subjects will walk or jog on a treadmill set to an automatic protocol that will increase in speed and elevation every 2-3 minutes. The stages of the protocol are designed so the subject reaches a maximal degree of exercise in 8-12 minutes. Monitored variables include oxygen consumption, carbon dioxide production, respiratory exchange ratio, blood pressure, heart rate and rhythm.
- Exercise Training - based on the maximal aerobic capacity treadmill test results, a personalized exercise prescription is developed for the individual. The exercise specialist will instruct the individual on techniques to exercise safely, effectively and efficiently based on their personalized exercise prescription.
See details on how to use the exercise facility.
- 7 PRECOR treadmills
- 2 Quinton treadmills
- 5 PRECOR recumbent bikes
- 2 PRECOR upright bikes
- 9 PRECOR Elliptical Trainers
- 3 Concept II rowing ergometers
- 6 CYBEX strength-training machines that work all of the major muscle groups
- Audio/visual connection per machine for either 4 televisions or 4 music channels
- There are male and female locker room facilities, which include showers and day lockers.
For any services, a Prevention Center application must be submitted.Clients who plan to use the Prevention Center should include in their consent forms appropriate risk statements based on intervention activities. Consult the Model Risk Statement document to identify statements relevant to your study protocol and participant activities.
Please meet with the Prevention Center Administrative Manager prior to completion of the application.