Location: Weintraub Building, B1-010
Contact phone: (206) 667-4314
Contact e-mail: email@example.com
Librarians provide advice and support to Center authors throughout the publishing life cycle:
Before your paper is accepted by a publisher:
- Protect your rights before signing a publishing agreement.
- Learn more about the journal's NIH Public Access Policy and institutional repository deposits.
After your paper has been accepted by a journal or was published:
- Find out if the publisher will deposit your final peer-reviewed manuscript or published article into PubMed Central. See the list of journals that automatically submit articles to PMC, with no need for the author to later review in NIHMS.
- If not, send us your paper, and let the Library submit your final peer-reviewed manuscript to PubMed Central for you or, if you prefer, submit your final peer-reviewed manuscript to PubMed Central on your own.
- Learn more about the journal's open access policy and your rights to deposit in an institutional repository.
When you want to share your work with colleagues:
- Get a paper's open access and/or PubMed Central URL
- Get a paper's PMCID or NIHMS ID number to cite in an NIH grant proposal, progress report, etc.
- Let the library make your papers and other scholarly works accessible to more researchers via our institutional repository and PubMed Central.
- Decode the reuse rights and permissions you hold on your papers - Librarians can help!
Identification Numbers for Books, Articles and other Scholarly Works
The library can help you understand the different identification numbers that may be related to your work!
- Digital Object Identifier (doi)
- International Standard Book Number (ISBN)
- International Standard Serial Number (ISSN)
Need one assigned? Contact the library at x4314 or firstname.lastname@example.org . The library serves as Fred Hutchinson's publisher, and as such we can assign doi numbers and ISBNs to your works.