Descriptions of shared resource facilities, instrumentation and services for use in grant applications are available below. You can copy and paste the content needed into the appropriate section of your grant.
Arnold Library Grant Description
Long Grant Description
The Arnold Library supports the Center's research, education and patient care programs. The library is centrally located in the Weintraub Building, on the Hutchinson Center’s South Lake Union Campus. At over 5400 square feet, the library includes: a public access computer center, wireless network connectivity, study carrels, a reference collection room, book and journal stacks, a self-service copier room, an information desk, a self-checkout workstation, and work space for library staff.
Library services include course reserves, instructional support, dissertation binding, document delivery/interlibrary loan, library material photocopying, reference and literature searching, remote access (this allows library account holders to log-in and use online library resources from any computer with Internet connectivity).
Librarians curate Fred Hutch researcher profiles, provide center-wide tracking of scholarly publishing, support Center authors with NIH Public Access Policy compliance, manage the Shared Resources website, provide training and support for citation management tools like EndNote, provide reports and consultation on publication metrics, host a course guides system to support faculty instructors, manage the Fred Hutch history archive and administer several institutional repositories.
Library resources include over 25,000 full-text electronic books, more than 32,000 electronic journals, and over 30,000 hardcopy journal and book volumes. Additional resources are outlined below:
- Arnold Library Online Catalog – search the library’s holdings online.
- Converis - Faculty Expertise Profiles, Publication tracking and metrics
- COS Funding Opportunities
- Current Index to Statistics - An index to publications in statistics and related fields.
- Laboratory Protocols online from Springer, Wiley (Current Protocols, Cold Spring Harbor, Nature and more.
- JSTOR Mathematics and Statistics Collection - JSTOR provides access to the backfiles of 30 mathematics and statistics journal titles.
- MathSciNet – an index to journal literature in pure and applied research level mathematics from 1940 – present.
- National Library of Medicine LOCATORplus - The online catalog of journals, books, and media in the world's largest medical library.
- Ovid – Provides access to MEDLINE
- ProQuest – Online, full-text general interest journals and both major and local newspapers.
- Proteome BioKnowledge Library - The Proteome BioKnowledge Library is a collection of six databases focused on the
- PubMed from the National Library of Medicine (Get Article enabled) - NLM's version of Medline with direct links to our full-text journal subscriptions.
- Faculty of 1000 Biology – online research service that comprehensively and systematically highlights and reviews the most interesting papers published in the biological sciences, based on the recommendations of a faculty of well over 2300 selected leading researchers. Access this directly or via PubMed.
- Web of Science
- Science Citation Index – This index covers over 3300 science journals from 1971 to present.
- Journal citation reports (JCR) - presents quantifiable statistical data that provides a systematic, objective way to evaluate the world's leading journals and their impact and influence in the global research community.
- Lexis/Nexis Academic - International in scope, LexisNexis academic provides full-text access to more than 6,000 legal, news and business sources.
- Science Online- Full text of the journal Science from 1880 to present, Science News, Careersand Signaling (the Signal Transduction Knowledge Environment).
- LibGuides – A course and/or subject guide web service which library staff use to support faculty instructors and other educational activities.